We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Hurricane Watch Net Set to Activate as Caribbean Prepares for Dorian.  (Read 25598 times)

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Now they're finally getting serious about this storm? Anyway, look for Hurricane Nets,      http://www.arrl.org/news/hurricane-watch-net-set-to-activate-as-caribbean-prepares-for-dorian
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Thanks Dood. This is where I miss "Monitoring Times" yearly lists of in print copies for the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico freqs. A mighty fine thing for new pirates tempted to try the often empty space between 6910 and 6920 for the crowded Labor Day pirating weekend further up the band. It's a good way to get a big fine, lose your transmitting/production equipment, and in those East Coast states who consider radio piracy a felony, spend up to year or so in a not so plush govt. getaway.

If you like baloney sandwiches and ramen noodles, getting the Knock could be better than Mar-A-Lago. No smoking in modern jailhouses, those packs of Top Ramen are the currency cigarettes used to be. Stock up before you have report for sentencing.

If you ask me, the world has truly turned upside down when you can't smoke in jail.

Offline RST111

• 30 miles east of Seattle, WA
    • View Profile
Re: Hurricane Watch Net Set to Activate as Caribbean Prepares for Dorian.
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 0411 UTC »
It was activated.  I started a new thread with the frequency and a signal report.
Pls qsl to rst111@protonmail.com ty!

QTH: 30mi East of Seattle

IC-R75, Afedri SDR, Airspy Discovery, Stridsberg HF Multicoupler, MFJ-1020C, Palomar CMNF-6, 40m dipole @ 100' AGL