We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: What is this Stanag around 4810 kHz from?  (Read 2188 times)

Offline KandiKlover

• View Profile
What is this Stanag around 4810 kHz from?
« on: September 21, 2019, 0644 UTC »
For the past 3 years I've noticed this STANAG signal around 4810 USB. Signal centered around 4812 on waterfall, can be picked up all over USA and South America on SDR.HUs

I have been trying multilaterations on multiple receivers and always seems to point around the Carribean area which would make. I am post to ask if anyone has idea or guess of any potential users or the use of it (I don't have decoders for it so if anyone could give it a look too that would be nice. It's available all night in the americas).

The result of multilateration, didn't think to screenshot the runs with other receivers until after but they all pointed to around here:

Waterfall:

IQ recording: https://mega.nz/#!bpIz1KJC!pYc13JvtbQ3Fh8-J6sEg7--4CQXDSHovUnNe1HMuHdE
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 0730 UTC by KandiKlover »

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
Re: What is this Stanag around 4810 kHz from?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 1129 UTC »
In the past I have caught the French Navy out of Fort de France, in Martinique, on 4810.1 kHz USB in STANAG 4285.  I would assume that might be this signal.

T!
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 2105 UTC »
What T said, likely FUF, S4285 1200L but your recording's off freq for a accurate decode.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline KandiKlover

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 2123 UTC »
What T said, likely FUF, S4285 1200L but your recording's off freq for a accurate decode.

You can get it on any Americas SDR all night.

Offline KandiKlover

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 2125 UTC »
In the past I have caught the French Navy out of Fort de France, in Martinique, on 4810.1 kHz USB in STANAG 4285.  I would assume that might be this signal.

T!

Interesting. I was looking at some old log threads on here and someone also found military signal on 4811. Might not have been same but was close frequency.