We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: SAQ  (Read 1140 times)

Offline NJQA

• Virginia
    • View Profile
SAQ
« on: October 27, 2019, 1033 UTC »

I attempted to hear the transmission from SAQ (Sweden) on 17.2 kHz on the 24th but heard nothing.  I was watching the live stream on YouTube for the transmission, and I have started up enough large power plants to recognize that they were having problems.  Sure enough, they posted the following on their web site shortly afterwards:

“....No transmission on UN-DAY
We are sorry to inform that the “Old lady” was not able to start for the scheduled UN-Day transmission on October 24th, and therefore we will not be able to do any transmission. The overload protection for the main motor was tripping and we will start to investigate what is causing this.
The SAQ team at the Grimeton Radio Station....”

It was neat to see how much effort was necessary to operate the station. If you like things like watching someone start up an old steam engine locomotive, you will find SAQ fascinating.  I hope that whatever the problem is, it isn’t an “unobtainium” part.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns