We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Come on in, the water's fine!  (Read 1628 times)

Fansome

Come on in, the water's fine!
« on: January 17, 2012, 0015 UTC »
We invite all current and prospective FRN members to join our board, HF Underground!

Offline Kage

• US
  • Modulating Madness
    • View Profile
    • The Free Radio Forum
    • Email
Re: Come on in, the water's fine!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 1515 UTC »
I fully support this. These forums have some fun people on them and gets a bit more action than many other pirate forums for
logging's and such.
Also remember there is always that "other" (hint hint) forums for the more techy side of pirate radio if you're into that ;D
I'm not saying aliens are in the radio, but aliens definitely are in the radio.
The Free Radio Forum

Nella F.

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 2226 UTC »
Yeah, but IF "they" find out you're "goin' over to the dark side"... well, you fill in the blank. Being a non-pirate on the outside looking in I gave-up trying to figure out just exactly what the venomous hard-core  hate >:( was all about. And, I see a couple of loggers on frn also log here...sooo... .    (PS: Am I someone who also posts under a different handle at frn? (read between the lines). ::) Sincere posts/replys appreciated... .
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 2230 UTC by Nella F. »

Offline moof

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 2250 UTC »
Yep come on over.  I have been lurking for several years.  Keeping my mouth shut mostly this time around.  Wasn't sure about the original riff THIS side had with THAT side years ago, but having seen both for several years and last year becoming member on THIS side, well, grass is greener here.  Grass is actually dead on THAT side it appears having read general messages today.  Maybe no more.

Fansome

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 0511 UTC »
After receiving a barrage of emails from, uh, certain quarters, I feel the need to make this clarifying comment:

I, for one, welcome my new Google Groups overlords. You should all join; it's a simple, painless operation.

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 1803 UTC »
I was willing to continue participating on the FRN, even after my original account mysteriously vanished in late 2010, along with Fansome, Evil Elvis and a couple other people.  Cosmikdebris set up a new account for me in early 2011, and I logged a few times.  But I gave up after receiving a bizarre e-mail from Commander Bunny on April 1st last year accusing me of helping to destroy pirate radio by logging Northern Relay Station.  I'm still not sure whether that was an elaborate April Fools Day prank.   :o

Pirate radio is wild, weird and wonderful.  But in the end the FRN reminded me of a crazy ex-girlfriend.  Great sex.  Some good times.  But after too many pleading, hysterical phone calls in the middle of the night, followed by her huge tantrums after we got back together, I had to give her up and find a sane woman.

But somehow I got hooked up with Underpants Gnomes.

Mama told me there'd be days like this...  ::)
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

ETM71

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 1906 UTC »
That analogy couldn't be any better. I loved the FRN but it just got so damn weird. All of the sudden cool people just disappeared and I didn't understand what the problem was. I was told not to do go here or do that and not to log certain stations. But it looks like a new start and I'm glad to be a part of the HFU.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns