We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Quick snapshot of the better and worse parts of a night for propagation?  (Read 485 times)

Offline franko

• View Profile
I'm wondering if there's a way to use output from Amalgamated DGPS across the course of a night to get a quick view of the time slots that were better or worse for propagation. The list of decodes gives the last spot for each one, but the last one might be an outlier and not be indicative of when the propagation was really strong from that region.

I see, for example, that Amalgamated DGPS can watch a directory and start processing each .wav file when it is completed. Could it be configured to write a separate text file for each .wav that would include a total number of decodes for that time period? Browsing those would be one reasonably fast way to make this work. Or is there some other way to accomplish this? Can Amalgamated DGPS be run from a Mac Terminal command line with some switches that might accomplish something similar?

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Maybe the built in time graph does what you want?

Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline franko

• View Profile
Thank you! I hadn't run across that feature yet, but see it now.