We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Outbanders  (Read 1360 times)

Matt285

Outbanders
« on: December 21, 2019, 0025 UTC »
Having a big issue lately with outbanders within the 'Pirate spectrum' A lot of time 6.925 and 6.950 are being used. Very annoying as a listener.

Offline K3ZRT

• View Profile
Re: Outbanders
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 0731 UTC »
I can't help but sense the irony lol tho it is pretty common, at least in the North East on my end. I get a lot of whistles, chatter, or annoyance trying to hear what's going down on 6925. Nature of the beast sadly, filters may help tho unlikely due to proximity unless you made them super tight, tuning different modes may help (am station, tune the sidebands, etc), change antenna location sometimes helps (my base receive vs my car about 30 feet away and 10 feet lower, antenna to antenna, does have different reception esp at 7mhz area). However, it's an open market of interesting eavesdropping 6.9-7mhz to be sure.

Online redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Outbanders
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 0935 UTC »
These guys, along with wideband data and poor propagation are a few of the reasons I headed for lower frequencies, even in summer.

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns