We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Teaberry Stalker One 23 channel SSB (Mod)  (Read 1700 times)

Matt285

Teaberry Stalker One 23 channel SSB (Mod)
« on: December 21, 2019, 0049 UTC »
I received 2 Teaberry Stalker One 23 channel SSB tranceivers from a friend cleaning their garage out. They have no knowledge of them. Both radios have an added 3 position toggle switch installed. Im hoping they have a 40 channel conversion mod added. Im getting my hands on a freq counter soon to do some testing. Any thoughts on what else it might be? Maybe talk back etc? Im really curious. I know there is a frequency expansion mod out there. What do you think?

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Teaberry Stalker One 23 channel SSB (Mod)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 0227 UTC »
I remember them. Sort of poor mans Tram Titan. The switch is for out of band operation if I remember correctly. Those things have to be 45 years old.

Matt285

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 0324 UTC »
Thats what im hoping for. Although who knows if the rigs still work. They seem to be in decent shape for the age upon removing the covers. If they do work I  thought about setting up stations for my 11 yr old son and his buddy down the street to use. Thought it might be cool to show them how sideband and clarifiers work. However between their cell phones and Xbox's im sure it wouldn't be too exciting. My 5 yo daughter seems to be more interested than him so theres still hope I suppose.

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 0720 UTC »
Try this page from CB Tricks,      http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/teaberry/index.htm   Hope it helps. I haven't seen a Stalker Teaberry in over 30 years. I remember that everyone that had one loved 'em.
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Matt285

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 1333 UTC »
It is definitely a frequency mod. Channel 19 with toggle switch down is 27.385 (CH38) It appears to be outputting and I can hear my audio on my HF rig

Matt285

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2019, 1732 UTC »
I just wired up a new mike for the Teaberry. The other needs some looking over. Audio based on my HF receiver seems to be solid. Im thinking about putting it in my truck with a 102'' . Maybe add an audio "enhancement device at some point.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2019, 2333 UTC »
I went looking for pics of them. I saw a blue one and thought, "Hey, that was my Uncle Bill's base station back in the late 70's."

Good radios, Bill didn't buy crap when it came to his CB stuff.