We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Effects of Intermittent Fasting on Health, Aging, and Disease  (Read 2055 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Evidence is accumulating that eating in a 6-hour period and fasting for 18 hours can trigger a metabolic switch from glucose-based to ketone-based energy, with increased stress resistance, increased longevity, and a decreased incidence of diseases, including cancer and obesity.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMra1905136
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Looking-Glass

• DX Legend
  • Condobolin, NSW, Australia
  • "Old fashioned DXer, no offshore computer rxing!"
    • View Profile
Re: Effects of Intermittent Fasting on Health, Aging, and Disease
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 2123 UTC »
Don't need that for increased stress, get enough of that at work... ;D
Condobolin, NSW.

Grid Square:  QF37ub

Yaesu FT-1000D, Yaesu FT-2000D, ICOM IC-736 HF/50MHz, ICOM IC R75 & Tecsun S-2000 to 450 feet of wire, 27MHz 1/2 wave CB antenna converted to 21MHz & a multi band vertical of dubious reliability.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 2337 UTC »
Yer.... not too hip on surviving to become a centennial by starvation method, doesn't sound like fun at all when eating is one of the few real joys of life.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 2344 UTC »
There's no starvation/hunger involved, as long as you're avoiding sugar/carbs. Sometimes I need to remind myself to eat.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 0330 UTC »
I did it with Atkins when I was wrestling in HS. It was no fun. I was behind the eventual State Champ in my weight class on our team. It was either drop a class or go up to unlimited where the joint dislocater's played. I saw some unhealthy weight loss methods in wrestling, no liquids the day of the match, laxatives,guys spitting in cups, anything to shed a few pounds or ounces to make weight.

My Sr. year "Russian Vitamins" aka steroids started showing up. They revolutionized all the power sports and killed a lot of people for the performance edge.

Stay on your diet ,get a bike, and forget fasting. A little trick from a guy who had to go through a few winters of making weight, drink hot water. It makes you feel full.