We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Getting last station entries ready for 2012 Pirate Radio Annual  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Andrew Yoder

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Hobby Broadcasting Blog
    • Email
I'm close to being done with the first pass of station entries for the 2012 PRA. If you ran a pirate in 2011, please check your station e-mail over the next week or two. I'll be sending entries so that you have a chance to review your entry for correctness. If you have sample studio audio or sample QSLs, that would be great.

I've lined up some QSLs and have off-air audio edited for 20 different stations, so I've gotten a start on everything, but I'm sure there's plenty of good stuff out there that I don't have. Also, I don't like to bother people with requests for audio or QSLs, but the last two people I asked for permission to use QSLs said that they were excited to have their names/QSLs in the book. So, if you'd like to have some QSLs or audio in the book, let me know what you have from 2011 (although it'd probably be easier for you if you have everything on a website).

Oh, one thing specifically that I can use right now that I can think of is SSTV pics of Wolverine Radio from 2011. Very few were posted this past year and Wolverine's scans load in seriously slanted on my computer.

Thanks to everyone for your help!
Andrew
Please QSL to: POB 109, BRS, PA 17214
Hobby Broadcasting Blog: http://hobbybroadcasting.blogspot.com/
Drake R8, AOR AR-7030, R-390A, R-388, SX-28A, Philco 44 + some others    Horizontal loops & 1/2-wave inverted V

Offline Andrew Yoder

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Hobby Broadcasting Blog
    • Email
Re: Getting last station entries ready for 2012 Pirate Radio Annual
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 1355 UTC »
Thanks to everyone who sent in their Wolverine SSTV pics & offered help.

I've started sending entries to stations for info verification. I've gotten bouncebacks from:

Chamberpot Radio
College Bowl Radio
Grasscutter Radio
Old Turkey Radio
Shrunken Head Radio

If there are new e-mail addresses for these stations or if the station operator is out there and would like to review the entry, just let me know.

Thanks much & have a great day!
Andrew
Please QSL to: POB 109, BRS, PA 17214
Hobby Broadcasting Blog: http://hobbybroadcasting.blogspot.com/
Drake R8, AOR AR-7030, R-390A, R-388, SX-28A, Philco 44 + some others    Horizontal loops & 1/2-wave inverted V