We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Dasher on 4096.25  (Read 4627 times)

Offline CptFourA

• View Profile
    • Email
Dasher on 4096.25
« on: January 29, 2012, 1636 UTC »
Hearing the 4096.25, 1 second dasher fairly well this morning. Good signal above the noise most of the time.

The HFUnderground Beacon Wiki states this is a 400mW out of Joshua Tree Natl. Park.

Short recording from this morning, approx 1600Z, location is Phoenix, AZ metro area. Icom 718 with 40m dipole not up very high.

4a.
-= Mesa,Arizona =-
Icom IC-718 and doublet

cmradio

Re: Dasher on 4096.25
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 2116 UTC »
Yay! It's still in operation! ;D

That's normally a regular after midnight here, but I haven't heard it for almost a year and wondered if it konked ???

Peace!

Offline zackers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 2127 UTC »
I heard several dashers on March 3, 2012 late at night. I got to use a 3 element 80 meter beam and a foursquare for 80m. This was not at my home site where I only have an 80m dipole.

I heard one dasher around 4096.25, another around 4096.55 and another a couple hundred kHz higher than that. All were right around the noise level but coming up out of the noise about 70% of the time.

I haven't been able to hear any of them at all this winter at home on my 80m dipole but it's obvious they are active and detectable in this area with a superior antenna system.
East Central Illinois
TS-850S, 40 meter full-wave loop, various dipoles

Offline wa6ati

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 0435 UTC »
I have been hearing a CW signal here in Los Angeles with an 566 RST. Been very consistent for the past very years. I have been all the way up Hwy 395 from Victorville all the way to Ransburg. Not seeing a significant signal increase. May try I15 to Las Vegas and see if I can get this station on ground wave. 
Dennis V WA6ATI

Offline Teotwaki

• DXing Phenomena
  • California
    • View Profile
    • My adventures are at Sun To The North
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 0112 UTC »
I have been hearing a CW signal here in Los Angeles with an 566 RST. Been very consistent for the past very years. I have been all the way up Hwy 395 from Victorville all the way to Ransburg. Not seeing a significant signal increase. May try I15 to Las Vegas and see if I can get this station on ground wave. 
Dennis V WA6ATI

Hi Dennis!

Please don't give out specific location information that might lead some unkind soul to more easily track down and disrupt any beacon. I've also developed a few leads on where some beacons might be but I don't want to alarm the beacon owners into moving or shutting down their device. I've only discussed location ideas in private channels.

Thanks!

Jim
Jim
NRD-525, Elecraft KX3 and Elecraft PX3 Spectrum Display
76' end fed long wire & 66' off-center fed dipole for 10/20/40 meters
Orange County, SoCal, The better half