We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Traeger pellets  (Read 1799 times)

Offline ve3tiz

• Windsor, ON Canada
    • View Profile
    • Email
Traeger pellets
« on: April 06, 2020, 0253 UTC »
With Traeger shut down (along with just about everyone else) and watching our store's pallet of wood pellets starting to dwindle, decided to take home an extra bag of Big Game Blend.  Just in case.   I'm guessing charcoal will always be easy to find but I'm not so sure about pellets if production stops for more than a few months?
monitoring with:
Grundig Satellit 750
MLA 30 active loop
(usually)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Traeger pellets
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 0931 UTC »
I've got a Canadian buddy who is the top dog in that business, or was. He was one of the first guy's to bring them to market in the 80's. Now they're the Kingsford of the pellet world. Who would've thought a Canadian in a coal mine would make good?

I've been meaning to give him a shout to bum quality Cuban cigars. This will give me an excuse.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 1102 UTC »
There's a big lawsuit going between the Traegers and the Dansons is all I could get out of him. He can't say more w/o getting into a world of crap.

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 1854 UTC »
I have some Trager pellets, but a whole lot more of various other brands. I went crazy a couple of years ago and bought way too many. Wanted different flavors & whatnot, then lost track of how much I actually got until they started arriving.

Also have plenty of charcoal, but not a crazy amount.
Minneapolis, MN

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 2334 UTC »
My late Uncle Bill did too,Skeezix. For a man who pleaded poverty among family and friends, he didn't have trouble shelling out cash for trucks,shotguns, or any other damned thing he wanted. Bill had the first pellet stove I ever saw in his double-wide at the head of the hollow his wife's people washed out of.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 0303 UTC »
Try your local ACE hardware for Traeger Pellets. ACE is advertising them here

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 0316 UTC »
My late Uncle Bill did too,Skeezix. For a man who pleaded poverty among family and friends, he didn't have trouble shelling out cash for trucks,shotguns, or any other damned thing he wanted. Bill had the first pellet stove I ever saw in his double-wide at the head of the hollow his wife's people washed out of.

Its all about priorities.

Minneapolis, MN

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 1351 UTC »
"DO NOT USE THE SEARS CATALOG! IT MAY LOOK BRIGHT AND SHINY, BUT IT HAS NO HOLDING POWERS!"

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns