We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: What's on shortwave now website  (Read 1322 times)

Matt285

What's on shortwave now website
« on: January 27, 2020, 2347 UTC »
I sometimes use a website called 'What's on shortwave now' it shows a generic layout of whats going on at the moment with specific time and frequency regardless of the language (Which can be set) I would very much appreciate a link to any website that provides this information or just a good link to the site mentioned. It seems like now when I google that site, it just runs me in circles?

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Not a crime in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What's on shortwave now website
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 0014 UTC »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Matt285

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 0025 UTC »
Thanks, It's still not taking me to the site layout i'm familiar with. When I use that link there doesn't seem to be a way to go to all frequencies like I'm use to. It has you pick out a band such as 49m, 10 meters etc. Not sure where I've gone wrong here?

Offline Boriken

• Western North Carolina
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 0149 UTC »
Here's another one. They have changed the layout a little since the last time I used it.

http://www.shortwaveschedule.com/index.php?now=true
Scott / WB4YZA
Western North Carolina
Mosty homebrew, 100% analog

Offline myteaquinn

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 0205 UTC »
This one?

short-wave.info
Northeast Ohio
Now using Shazam for song identification
myteaquinn@yahoo.com

Offline Davep

• DXing Phenomena
  • Va Beach Va
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 0245 UTC »
The old Whats on Now website is gone and it was replaced by Shortwave Schedule (?),maybe its a less graphic version with a new name. Anyway the one i think you are referring to disappeared a few weeks ago and i continued to search the same keywords over and over as well :(
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 0331 UTC by Davep »
Va Beach Virginia
Modified Dx 394 audio Altec Lansing ACS43
Folded dipole

Offline chanito

• S.Texas
  • RF Exposeur
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 0319 UTC »
short-wave.info

Shortwave schedule is good too.

There is a LOT of content on SW despite what the English centric complainers say. DX is all about capturing that ID no matter what language....
PCR-1000, PCR-1500, RSP1A, RSP1, VR-120D, HDT-1, Accurian HD, Royal 3000
Caras HF-315, Belar LP-1A, SuperAntenna MP-1, RatShack 20-043 discone, MLA-30, 100' wire

Offline East Troy Don

• DX Legend
  • "If you can't convince them, confuse them" Truman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2020, 1707 UTC »
I sometimes use a website called 'What's on shortwave now' it shows a generic layout of whats going on at the moment with specific time and frequency regardless of the language (Which can be set) I would very much appreciate a link to any website that provides this information or just a good link to the site mentioned. It seems like now when I google that site, it just runs me in circles?

Shortwave Schedules Premium and Skywave Schedules are 2 phone apps that are pretty good.  SSP is especially effective as it gives the target and propagation paths as well  the normal time, freq, etc
Primary: Yaesu FRG-7700  Secondary: ICOM R75 Tertiary: Grundig  750. Tecsun PL-990X, Tecsun PL-880 . Malahit DSP SDR V3,  Alpha Delta  SWL Sloper antenna. : Also, 1940 Mantola am/sw tube. CountyComm GP-5/SSB hand held, Tecsun PL-380 ,et al.  QTH: EAST TROY WI  USA.  Sea Level: + 320 meters .  75 miles (but not far enough) NNW of Chicago

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns