We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: KTNN 660 AM 0419 UTC 13 Feb. 2020  (Read 658 times)

Offline Treehouse SWL

• DX Legend
  • Lake Stevens, Washington
    • View Profile
    • personal website
    • Email
KTNN 660 AM 0419 UTC 13 Feb. 2020
« on: February 13, 2020, 2242 UTC »
Finally logged this one, which I first heard as a teen back in the '80s, when I lived farther away from KAPS in Mount Vernon, Washington. With Calgary’s CFFR news mostly nulled and semi-local KAPS broadcasting a high school basketball game, I could hear country music in the background, with a semi-audible ID in the background and then a “Just Another Love” by Tanya Tucker, which matched KTNN’s online stream when I checked. That was followed by Alabama’s “Roll On,” then talking in mixed Navajo and English by a male announcer; sounded like he was giving events listings. Then ID at 0431 UTC.

KTNN runs 50 kW; the distance from me is 1,080 miles. Now logged stations from 16 states since falling back into MW Dxing four months ago.
Eric Fetters-Walp / eQSL to fettwalp@outlook.com

Radios: Eton Elite Field, Sihuadon R-108, Eton Grundig Edition Satellit
Antennas: 60-foot-long end-fed wire, MLA-30+ loop

Offline pinto vortando

• View Profile
Re: KTNN 660 AM 0419 UTC 13 Feb. 2020
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 1510 UTC »

Now logged stations from 16 states since falling back into MW Dxing four months ago.

That is a nice start, the first 10 are easy then the uphill climb begins.
The pinnacle is all 50 states, would be interesting to know of anybody who has accomplished that feat.
From your QTH, Alaska and Hawaii are possible.  OTOH, you may never hear Delaware
or Rhode Island.  From my Michigan QTH, AK and HI are nearly impossible and DE and RI
have yet to enter my log.
Got back into AM DXing on a casual basis 10 years ago and have only logged 30 states.
Das Radiobunker somewhere in Michigan