We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: antenna  (Read 2119 times)

Offline jim

• Wyandotte, Michigan
    • View Profile
    • Email
antenna
« on: March 11, 2012, 2102 UTC »
l have a grundig 750 with about 100' of wire for my antenna,going along my roof what do I need to help my reception. Antenna tuner? Plz help or any other ideas for a good antenna most of my listening is 6800-7000khz 73 Jim(kd8hfy)
Jim
Southeastern michigan                      
grundig 750 100' long wire plz e-qsl jsturge3@yahoo.com

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: antenna
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 2110 UTC »
If your listening is concentrated in just that one band, you may wish to consider a dedicated antena, such as a dipole. Running it away from the house (such as between two trees) and feeding with coax and a balun should reduce pickup of local noise sources from inside the house. A folded dipole (made with 300 ohm twin lead) may offer even lower local QRM pickup, but you'll want to use a 4:1 balun in that case.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns