We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: "This Is A Music Show" on 5850 kHz each Wednesday night  (Read 724 times)

Offline Strange Beacons

• Naples, Florida USA
    • View Profile
    • Strange Beacons Website
"This Is A Music Show" on 5850 kHz each Wednesday night
« on: February 27, 2020, 1657 UTC »
Everyone here likely already knows about this, but I just discovered it last night, and a quick search on here didn't find any threads about it, so...

Every Wednesday night at 9:00 pm EST / 6:00 PM PST / 0200 UTC, on 5850 kHz, This Is A Music Show broadcasts a variety of great music, all locally sourced vinyl from area thrift stores (a really nice touch, I think).

At the end of the hour, two MFSK64 transmissions for text and digital images were sent out, with a finale of a digital image on the waterfall at show's end. I recorded a a decode of the MFSK64 image decode.

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Re: "This Is A Music Show" on 5850 kHz each Wednesday night
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 1722 UTC »
I'm a regular listener - guy has interesting musical tastes, and finds some unique stuff. I believe it's also on 7780 and 9395 because WRMI is using it to fill empty time slots.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Strange Beacons

• Naples, Florida USA
    • View Profile
    • Strange Beacons Website
Re: "This Is A Music Show" on 5850 kHz each Wednesday night
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 1904 UTC »
I'm a regular listener - guy has interesting musical tastes, and finds some unique stuff. I believe it's also on 7780 and 9395 because WRMI is using it to fill empty time slots.

Yeah, I was really happy to hear just how diverse his playlist was, and to hear multiple cool songs that I've never heard before. And also yeah, the 7780/9395 frequencies are backup for 5850 kHz.

I'm going to be a regular listener and I hope everyone who loves shortwave will encourage and support this show. As we all know, stuff like this is rapidly disappearing from the airwaves.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns