We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: South Korean numbers station V24, March 21, 2020, 5150 kHz, 1400 UTC  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
The South Korean numbers station V24 has a fairly regular schedule.  However, it does change habits over time, adding and subtracting time slots periodically.  This month V24 has been more active than in many months past.  In fact, this month they reactivated a frequency and time slot that they had not used since May 2018.  So far this month they have hit every scheduled time slot except for the 1600 UTC 5900 kHz slots, which are traditionally less reliable.  It has been over a year since the last time the station was this active.

March 18 at 1400 UTC V24 was heard on 5150 kHz.  It used the same intro music and callup that was last heard on that frequency in May of 2018.  So for whatever reason they stopped using it (this frequency and time) for a while, and have now started again.

My recording of March 21 is better quality than the first recording I made on March 18th, so I have uploaded the later date to my YouTube channel.  The transmission was the same for March 18 and 21, and will be the same in two days for March 25.  It is normal for this station to send identical messages three times a month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4NeBnIsvus

T!
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Very nice and informative as always. May I recommend editing your video's description field to include links to your V24 charts, the ones flashed at the start? I think viewers will find that helpful.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
Sure, I just have to figure out how to do that ;)  Never really taken the time to learn anything about YT, I just upload vids and let them run.  YT is always telling me I need to monetize my vids, but I hate commercials so I can't see that happening.

T!
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

Offline Rizla

• Sonoran Desert, AZ
    • View Profile
Great video/recording, Token! I should be able to hear this one from time to time, must check it out. The selection of K-pop songs to select msg recipients must,surely be unique!
QTH: Sonoran Desert, AZ. Kenwood TS-820S, FT-891, Tecsun 880, neophyte in a forest of antenna wire.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns