We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: N-sstv on 30m Apr/03/2020 2317 UTC  (Read 1838 times)

sdruzer

N-sstv on 30m Apr/03/2020 2317 UTC
« on: April 06, 2020, 1413 UTC »
For a week or so, I've been decoding sstv on the 20m band. It became rather boring seeing the same images sent by the same guys over and over. Doing some reading, I found that there were a few fellows sending sstv at a narrower bandwidth than normal on the 30m band. This is done to comply with the bandwidth restrictions inherent with operation on that band. I found that 10.132mhz is the dial freq for setting your rx to catch the activity. After being patient, having my rx on that freq for awhile, I was rewarded with a few pics from a guy near the East coast. Here's the pic of my captures with the best snr:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1juenn4NHMi86CNTEYSQ5br6amb4MX7qp

You can tell that the pic was sent in a narrower mode than usual, since it doesn't have the full color range we're used to seeing. I noted that the transmitted audio was centered around 2000hz above dial freq and had a bandwidth of about 800 hz or less.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 0006 UTC by sdruzer »