We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Voice of America (spur?) 6210 AM 2145 UTC 02 April 2020  (Read 378 times)

Offline KaySeeks

• DX Legend
  • Quebec. Vive la différence.
    • View Profile
Voice of America (spur?) 6210 AM 2145 UTC 02 April 2020
« on: April 02, 2020, 2215 UTC »
Noted on several Scandinavian SDRs. I believed at the time that it was not just an image within the receiver. Programming was English-language pop music with announcements by English-speaking female. A little tough to pick out what was being said above the noise until I heard the VOA signoff announcement and Yankee Doodle Dandy clearly just before TX off the air at 2200 UTC.

I checked a couple databases and the only place that VOA was supposed to be in English just before 2200 UTC was on 15580 and (notably) 6195 KHz. So it may have been a frequency selection error at the TX site, a spur from the TX or maybe it was actually a spur within the KiwiSDR. I guess the question is whether I can hear it again in successive days and whether I hear it on 6195 or 6210 or both.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 2226 UTC by KaySeeks »
Just somebody with a radio, a computer and a pair of headphones...