Technical Topics > Part 15 AM and FM Station Operation

Part #15 gear out there.

(1/6) > >>

ThaDood:
(Yeah, this was moved from RF Workbench.) Lots of home brew radiating gear, (For the 10ft FCC Part #5 compliant stuff.), but you have companies like, www.sstran.com , www.chezradio.com , www.am1000rangemaster.com , www.theradiosource.com , www.pll.gr , www.vectronics.com , www.iamradio.net , and there's others out there. Some companies even got-in on doing the 10ft Part #15 antenna like, www.isotronantennas.com , (Tell them that you want Part #15 compliant. Not cheap, but....) So, there's stuff out there. And, anything that's Carrier-Current, (Where you permissibly couple to the power lines.), from LPB, Inc., and Radio Systems, gets bought out almost immediately from ebay. So, somebody wants that gear.

ChrisSmolinski:
Talking House transmitters turn up at Goodwill now and then, I found three of them new in box last year.

Rob.:
I'm looking for an inexpensive carrier coupler for a low power AM TX I have. Yes, they do get gobbled up on eBay quickly.

I run a whole house/yard FM TX that broadcasts anything I am listening to on my computer... including my KiwiSDR so I can listen remotely in the yard.

ChrisSmolinski:

--- Quote from: Σ on April 04, 2020, 1312 UTC ---I run a whole house/yard FM TX that broadcasts anything I am listening to on my computer... including my KiwiSDR so I can listen remotely in the yard.

--- End quote ---

I do something similar now and then, I use one of the inexpensive car FM transmitters designed to broadcast your iDevice audio into your car radio:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AIM5ZE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?tag=blackcatsyste-20

BTW these devices all use the same IC to do the transmitting. It's a neat chip, it has an I2C interface, you can actually override what the little uC in the dongle sends to it, and set your own frequency and other settings, and send RDS data as well.

ThaDood:
Oh boy... On a Carrier-Current Coupler, you may have to roll your own, since LPB and Radio Systems are gone. However, there are power line couplers for mining companies, (At least, there use to be.). That was the only way that they could send down a radiating signal into a mine shaft was to couple to the power lines going down there. With all of these mining companies going bye-bye, I'll bet one can be had. Ernest Wilson, formally of Panaxis Productions, had shown in is Carrier-Current books on how to build a coupler. Also, look for on-line .PDF books by James R. Cunningham for this to download. Basically, you are looking for a medium wave tuning network that let's you tune down to very low impedance, like 10 Ohms and less. Over 20 years ago, JTA gave me a Radio Systems TR-20 transmitter and a CP-15 coupler. The problem was, it looked like lightning directly hit it. The TR-20 was a total loss, with thumb sized burnt holes in both the PS and Finals boards, but the CP-15 Coupler was fixable, and I'm using that today. So, ya never know. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version