We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: KBS Korea 9785 English 1500 UTC  (Read 514 times)

Offline NikL

• Rural Northern California
  • Radio Shack DX-398, Tecsun PL 880
    • View Profile
KBS Korea 9785 English 1500 UTC
« on: April 05, 2020, 1512 UTC »
Blasting into California this morning.
Frequency not listed on their website

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Re: KBS Korea 9785 English 1500 UTC
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 1503 UTC »
Thanks for the alert - I had to get on the KPH SDR to hear it, but it was there when you posted this yesterday and it's there again today. This morning for a while I was getting QRM from either CRI in Thai or CNR8 in Korean (I couldn't hear it well enough to determine which language it might be), but that disappeared into the background.

This is on their website, it's just confusing because they list it by Korean time with UTC underneath. But I do see it on this chart, as well as hearing definite KBS World ID's in English with English commentary on the K-pop music being played.
http://world.kbs.co.kr/service/about_shortwave.htm?lang=e
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline NikL

• Rural Northern California
  • Radio Shack DX-398, Tecsun PL 880
    • View Profile
Re: KBS Korea 9785 English 1500 UTC
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 2004 UTC »
Just went to their website and it is there but I swear it wasn't when I looked before LOL