We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 5757 khz USB US Air Force Inter Plane Activity  (Read 972 times)

Offline jasmine

• Seattle
  • Riding the (electromagnetic) waves...
    • View Profile
5757 khz USB US Air Force Inter Plane Activity
« on: April 12, 2020, 0106 UTC »
our old friends, Lock, Flow and Prada are back and i've been monitoring them since around 00:00 UTC. sounds like they are in the Idaho and Eastern Washington area as they gave out some location names like Spokane and "MYL airfield" which would be McCall Municipal Airport in McCall, Idaho and also mentioned a flyover of McChord on the way home which i assume is Joint Base Lewis-McChord. they also gave out a plane tail number: 021105 which i looked up on the FAA database under serial numbers and it is a C17.

this post will hopefully be like the 11175 thread with us adding to it whenever there's activity. i've recorded a bunch of audio but not sure when i'll get around to editing it down. when i do i'll post it here.
SDRPlay RSP1a, Airspy HF+Discovery, Malahit Clone with v1.10D & MLA-30+ Magnetic Loop Antenna

Offline LimaBravo

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 5757 khz USB US Air Force Inter Plane Activity
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 1750 UTC »
I heard comms on 5757 yesterday Saturday 11th - there was a reference to Callsign THUG-12.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Re: 5757 khz USB US Air Force Inter Plane Activity
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 2105 UTC »
They used to use 6761 for interplane cb radio, mebbe some still do. But that was way back when it was 11176, not 11175.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.