We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Cast Iron Pan Fried Burgers  (Read 1347 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Cast Iron Pan Fried Burgers
« on: January 10, 2020, 1952 UTC »
Shape your patties. Yes, there's a reason they are rectangles. Get the pan nice and hot. I add a little bacon drippings or lard to the pan.

Flip

Put the cheese on (now you know why rectangle patties) pour a little water in the pan and throw on the lid, the steam melts the cheese quickly

Yum.

Maybe a little salt & pepper, mustard & low carb ketchup?

Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline pinto vortando

• View Profile
Re: Cast Iron Pan Fried Burgers
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 1744 UTC »
Looks good.   8)

Now that my outdoor grilling season has ended, the XYL does the burgers in the cast iron skillet.
Das Radiobunker somewhere in Michigan

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Cast Iron Pan Fried Burgers
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 1405 UTC »
After the power outtages of the past two day's, my ground round that doesn't feel or smell exactly right is either going in the trash, or in the pan.

The only advantage of marrying a lifelong vegetarian is an extra plate of fish, meat ,and fowl, are mine.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns