We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: What-the-F**?  (Read 6315 times)

Offline Alex_in_West_Virginia

• West-by-God-Virginia
    • View Profile
What-the-F**?
« on: March 18, 2012, 2328 UTC »
I asked 3 times last week for e-mail addy. that apparently was announced by a stn. that was on-air at that time, but only jfarley-a relative newcomer to this forum-replied.  Since noone apparently has any use for my input, and due to the other bunny-related garbage that goes on on the other forums, I've figured that my input is no longer valued/needed on pirate-related forums.  This hobby reaaaaaally used to be fun, but it def smells more like shit than roses for the past few years.  I really really do value the actual friends that I've made in this hobby (Terry-the-Newfie,eh, lol-and others) , but it def has become filled w/garbage, due to Pat/Jerry/Beans/Thumper/Kracker and all the other sockpuppets/assholes that seem to be dominating what used to be a fun hobby.   I've had enough of the f'd-up shit, so I'll find some other hobby that isn't dominated by assholes to add a little enjoyment to my life.  Fuck you Pat/Jerry/Bunny et al for fucking up what used to be a really really fun hobby.

Offline zackers

• View Profile
Re: What-the-F**?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 0050 UTC »
Sorry, I'll try to answer questions if I can (if you stick around). Conditions have been really sucky today. I've heard almost nothing in ham bands or international shortwave bands all day. Just hearing a little bit of something on 6925 that I can't make out at all.
East Central Illinois
TS-850S, 40 meter full-wave loop, various dipoles

• West-by-God-Virginia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 0100 UTC »
Haven't even bothered to listen 2day (unfortunately, due 2 present circumstances, Sundays are the only day I can listen).  This goes back years, but much more so over the last 3 or 4 years.  Last Sunday just reinforced my feelings about lack of interest in what was once a really really enjoyable/fun hobby, but has become dominated by asshole ops, and most longtime listeners that were really dedicatd to the hobby don't bother posting anymore, mostly due to the fact that the asshole ops just do their their best to alienate longtime listeners/supporters of the hobby.  And most of those that are left just really don't care about anything but seeing their names listed in loggings.

Offline zackers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 0309 UTC »
Well, Illegitimi Non Carborundum!   ;D

I've done some listening to pirate radio stations over the last 10 years or so (at least) and I am still having fun with it. I've had a little more time to listen lately than I have had in the past. I hope it stays fun for me.
East Central Illinois

Fansome

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 0322 UTC »
Electronic Mail Addresses for Stations (as posted by Ragnar):
http://piratedatabase.webhop.net
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcpp76tx_0htdfscft

Something to consider: it used to be controversial to post station addresses in logs or upon request. The idea was that sharing addresses would allow people to ask for QSLs even when they didn't actually hear the station. I don't think that's a big issue any more, although I personally don't post email addresses in my logs, just out of habit.

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 1927 UTC »
Alex,

What you're saying about the Murphy Bunny sock-puppets dominating the hobby would have been true a year ago.  It certainly isn't true now... and I ended up paying a pretty high price in putting a stop to most of it.

Yes, there are still a few out there-- but they are a pitifully powerless joke compared with what was going on a year ago, and are regularly held up as objects of ridicule by the majority of the hobby-- rather than being influential voices manipulating the discussion, they are now merely symptoms of the desperation of a sick mind.

Not sure what station you wanted an address for, I didn't see this... and perhaps most other participants here missed it as well.

Hopefully you'll reconsider this.  I for one value your input, along with that of *almost* everyone else involved in the hobby.

:-\

John Poet

"A treasonous voice of dissent"

The Crystal Ship Shortwave
Free Radio Cafe Forums

Fansome

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 2328 UTC »
I agree with Poet; the FRN's rapid fall from relevance has been the best thing that has happened to the hobby in many years.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 0406 UTC »
Finally got out of the Devil's Phone Booth,eh Al?

Offline paranoid dxer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 0425 UTC »
Finally got out of the Devil's Phone Booth,eh Al?
Pigmeat   i think he tried to make a collect call
"In the long run, the greatest weapon of mass destruction is stupidity.

"I believe in animal rights. They have the right to garlic, and butter." - Ted Nugent

Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 0537 UTC »
That explains a lot.

Offline zackers

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 1738 UTC »
Well, Alex, somebody really riled against you the other night on 6925. I have a recording of some of it. Someone is evidently pretty mad at you. See my other posting in the Shortwave Pirates section with the title "UNID on 6925 AM at 0340Z March 19".
East Central Illinois

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 0129 UTC »
...Someone is evidently pretty mad at you...

In this hobby that's becoming a badge of honor.  ::)
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline zackers

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 0702 UTC »
You know, I kind of had that thought.
 ;D
East Central Illinois

Offline Jolly Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 1339 UTC »
You're in good company!
Please QSL to MaplRadio@gmail.com

Next weeks contest: guess how many Volkswagons can fit in Joy Behars mouth. I pick five.

If Rosie O'Donnell jumps in the water Rosie doesn't get wet, the water gets ugly.

Icom R9000 (yes, a R9000!)
Pixel magnetic loop

• West-by-God-Virginia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 0154 UTC »
Pat/Jerry and whatever the f**ever he tries to pass himself off as w/his sockpuppets tried to drag my my personal life (even though he f**ed that up, since he just copied newspaper/piggy-police reports into what was left of the hobby, and we all know how offbase they are) into the hobby is just part of what f**ked what was left of pirate radio.  He f***d that up by not looking into what the really facts are, yet peoples' personal life has nothing to do w/logging stations.  I will no longer have anything to do w/what is left of pirate radio, but I will suggest that anyone that truly cares about what is left of it ignores Pat/Jerry/Bunny/Beans/Thumper/Kracker and all the sockpuppets and thier so-called stations and sockpuppet loggings.  Peoples' personal lives have nothing to do w/hobbies, but Pat/Jerry/Beans/Thumper and his lackey Krackhead insist on bringing outside garbage into what was left of the hobby.