We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: ~4095.9 (~4 sec. dash - shorter than Coxie) 'Viking' becomes 'Phallaxy' photos  (Read 1456 times)

Offline MojaveBeaconeer

• View Profile
I am reposting these also in a new topic - info is on the 6626 Rocky posting below this one...

and new place as 'Phallaxy'  --

73MB

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Thanks for the photos. I guess with the lower power levels, I won't be hearing them again here?
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Dave Richards

• Oakland, CA
    • View Profile
    • Ham Radio (and occasionally Part 15) Blog
    • Email
It was one of the beacons in the 4096 cluster that initially sparked my interest in these magical little voices out in the desert. About 11 years ago, in my ground floor apartment in Ocean Beach, San Francisco, I was surprised to find that one of the 4096 beacons was coming through very well to an indoor antenna on my FT-817. Had it not been for the internet, it might have taken me a long time to discover what I was actually hearing. I forget the exact frequency, and which one I was hearing.

I'm too chicken to put an unlicensed beacon on the air myself so instead, I experimented with Part 15 beacons. Part 15 is, of course, also unlicensed but, well, you understand the distinction.....;D Nevertheless, I'm happy these signals are on the air. I'll keep listening out for Phalaxxy on the KPH (currently offline) and KPS SDR's. I'll also be listening for the groundwave when in the area with my campervan, hopefully next year.

Note - regarding the KPH SDR's, a message on radiomarine.rog reads,
"NOTE: The SDRs are temporarily off line due to a failure of the Internet connection at the KPH receive site.  Due to the park closure we are unable access the site to diagnose and repair the failure."
Oakland, CA
(SF Bay Area)

Offline Dave Richards

• Oakland, CA
    • View Profile
    • Ham Radio (and occasionally Part 15) Blog
    • Email
I think I just heard Phallaxy, on about 4095.9 on the KFS SDR, at 0100utc (6pm PDT). It was a little above the noise, with an S3 signal. Carrier on for about 4 secs, and off for about 3 seconds. Does this sound like Phallaxy?
Oakland, CA
(SF Bay Area)