We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Jellyfish and Cyclops Scratch And Dent Sale  (Read 1958 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Jellyfish and Cyclops Scratch And Dent Sale
« on: February 28, 2020, 1252 UTC »
UPDATE, they are sold. Thanks for the interest  :)

I have one Jellyfish and a few Cyclops matching transformers available for half price. Electrically they are fine, I am just not 100% satisfied with the potting, there's less thread around the connectors than I would like. You should still be able to get a good connection.  These are great for matching to loop or longwire/beverage antennas.

$24.50 for the Jellyfish and $14.50 each for the Cyclops, that includes shipping. USA only.  Contact me directly if you're interested.

Jellyfish information:
https://www.blackcatsystems.com/rf-products/potted_matching-transformer-unun-balun-beverage-longwire-k9ay-flag-ewe-dipole-antenna-shortwave-ham-radio.html

Cyclops information:
https://www.blackcatsystems.com/rf-products/cyclops_rf_ham_shortwave_radio_matching_transformer.html

Jellyfish:

300 ohms SO-239 Cyclops:

450 ohm SO-239 Cyclops:

300 ohms F connector Cyclops:

200 ohms F connector Cyclops:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 2142 UTC by ChrisSmolinski »
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Re: Jellyfish and Cyclops Scratch And Dent Sale
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 2001 UTC »
Rx only or can you push a gigawatt thru em?
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: Jellyfish and Cyclops Scratch And Dent Sale
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 2002 UTC »
Rx only or can you push a gigawatt thru em?

As per the website, rx only, they are made with #30 wire. You could possibly run QRPp, but no warranty :)
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns