We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: FCC Cancels W6WBJ License  (Read 9238 times)

Offline 2WR3505

• View Profile
Re: FCC Cancels W6WBJ License
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2020, 1726 UTC »
time for a little maul of truth, W6WBJ is actually a good operator, lol.

the real jammers where the hamtifa clownworlder hippiecrites that wouldnt check in W6WBJ.

the case against W6WBJ was built on irrelevant and falsified info, taking into account today's pc extremism.

the still on going memorex jamming still going on 3908 and 3890 KHz are recordings of the real racists.

K6TXH, WA7BZI, KW6BUZ (superstation of warfa), and W6QI (Moody).

the real blight of ham radio is these four hippiecrites, never was W6WBJ.

WARFA and similar hypocritical groups are a cancer on ham radio and will be the death of it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 2022 UTC by Sealord »

Offline Teotwaki

• DXing Phenomena
  • California
    • View Profile
    • My adventures are at Sun To The North
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2023, 2051 UTC »
time for a little maul of truth, W6WBJ is actually a good operator, lol.

the real jammers where the hamtifa clownworlder hippiecrites that wouldnt check in W6WBJ.

the case against W6WBJ was built on irrelevant and falsified info, taking into account today's pc extremism.

the still on going memorex jamming still going on 3908 and 3890 KHz are recordings of the real racists.

K6TXH, WA7BZI, KW6BUZ (superstation of warfa), and W6QI (Moody).

the real blight of ham radio is these four hippiecrites, never was W6WBJ.

WARFA and similar hypocritical groups are a cancer on ham radio and will be the death of it.

That sounds like Billy Boy talking. If not, then it's just a jammer's shill.
Jim
NRD-525, Elecraft KX3 and Elecraft PX3 Spectrum Display
76' end fed long wire & 66' off-center fed dipole for 10/20/40 meters
Orange County, SoCal, The better half

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2023, 0338 UTC »
Nothing but old men with ham licenses is going to be the death of ham radio. When they pass on, it will be gone. Young people aren't interested in old technology.

Offline Teotwaki

• DXing Phenomena
  • California
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2023, 0448 UTC »
Nothing but old men with ham licenses is going to be the death of ham radio. When they pass on, it will be gone. Young people aren't interested in old technology.

I hear that often from people who do absolutely nothing to share the hobby with others, young or old. There's a Young Amateur Radio Club Discord server out there. My teen aged niece has a shiny new license and handheld radio. There are kids out there who are using SDRs, building wireless linked microcontrollers and so on who don't yet realize there is a bigger community of radio hobbyists out there. All they need is some outreach. Europe has YOTA  (https://www.ham-yota.com/)

I'd like to find a version of this chart that has the last four years of data but the growth is something like 12% on this one. Maybe Covid killed all the old hams and made the plot nose dive.
https://www.kb6nu.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/number-of-radio-amateurs.png

« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 0451 UTC by Teotwaki »
Jim

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2023, 1214 UTC »
As of Jan 27th, the total is 767760, per http://www.arrl.org/fcc-license-counts

Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Sealord

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • North East Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2023, 1936 UTC »
I'm not a Ham, but try to share my interest of shortwave with most folks I come in contact with.  The static either scares them off or peaks their interest and then I've got their attention.  I recently gave my Tecsun PL-660 to an Afghan Vet who was a translator and speaks multiple languages.  He was more than excited by the idea of listening to a portable radio to practice his skills and when I explained reception quality varies with time & season similar to tidal activity (he's a surfer) that was it.  Don't know if he'll get his ticket, but at least someone else digs it :)
Indoors: WR-G33DDC & TT RX-340_DX Eng. 4-Square Array / Outdoors: Belka-DX_Whip / Poolside: SMC HF-150_MMD-40 (D.O.G.) / Off Air/Studio Recordings

Offline Teotwaki

• DXing Phenomena
  • California
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2023, 2236 UTC »
I'm not a Ham, but try to share my interest of shortwave with most folks I come in contact with.  The static either scares them off or peaks their interest and then I've got their attention.  I recently gave my Tecsun PL-660 to an Afghan Vet who was a translator and speaks multiple languages.  He was more than excited by the idea of listening to a portable radio to practice his skills and when I explained reception quality varies with time & season similar to tidal activity (he's a surfer) that was it.  Don't know if he'll get his ticket, but at least someone else digs it :)

That's exactly the way to do it. You don't have to convert the world, just introduce one person at a time. I got one friend started by showing him some HF beacons using the on line kiwi SDRs, He just let me know that he bought a small portable HF SDR and is bringing it on our next camping trip. Pretty cool!
Jim

Offline Teotwaki

• DXing Phenomena
  • California
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2023, 2237 UTC »
As of Jan 27th, the total is 767760, per http://www.arrl.org/fcc-license-counts

Thanks for the assist Chris!
Jim

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2023, 1959 UTC »

I hear that often from people who do absolutely nothing to share the hobby with others, young or old. There's a Young Amateur Radio Club Discord server out there. My teen aged niece has a shiny new license and handheld radio. There are kids out there who are using SDRs, building wireless linked microcontrollers and so on who don't yet realize there is a bigger community of radio hobbyists out there. All they need is some outreach. Europe has YOTA  (https://www.ham-yota.com/)

I have litterally been hearing such statements since my very first ham club meeting in the late 1960's.  Looking around at that meeting there were 2 of us under 20, and the vast majority were retirees.  And the same thing was said then, young people aren't interested in the hobby, and the hobby will die out because no new blood is coming in.

And yet, today, as a percentage of the US population, there are about twice as many hams as there were then, and as raw numbers there are over three times as many.

I'd like to find a version of this chart that has the last four years of data but the growth is something like 12% on this one. Maybe Covid killed all the old hams and made the plot nose dive.
https://www.kb6nu.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/number-of-radio-amateurs.png

That big dip from 2003 to 2007 was driven by the fact many people knew the code requirement was going to be dropped, and waited to test until after that.

Unfortunately, when presented such data (concerning the number of hams in the US) one of the frequent responses is "there may be more licensed hams today, but there are fewer active hams".  While I believe this sentiment is incorrect, that can be hard to prove one way or another.

There have always been a rather large segment of the licensed community that were inactive.  Prior to the 1990's I spent more years inactive than active, to the point I let my license laps in the 1970's, and did not get involved again until the early 1990's.

I believe that one of the ways to judge the approximate level of activity is to look at the ARRL membership and QST subscriptions.  I suspect that both today and in years past if you had an ARRL membership that you had renewed then you were probably a somewhat active ham.  In fact, I strongly suspect that today fewer active hams (as a percentage) are ARRL members than in the past.  Looking at the ARRL membership numbers as an indicator of active vs inactive hams you will find the ratios today very similar to those 45 years ago.

T!
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns