We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Kenwood VC-20 and YK-88A-1  (Read 1707 times)

Offline myteaquinn

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kenwood VC-20 and YK-88A-1
« on: July 08, 2020, 1548 UTC »
I have a Kenwood VC-20 and YK-88A-1 that I got in a parts radio years ago. I have no idea if the work and I'm really not inclined to test them in my R-5000. If you would like one or both contact me. My email in my subject line is good.
Northeast Ohio
Now using Shazam for song identification
myteaquinn@yahoo.com

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwood VC-20 and YK-88A-1
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 1343 UTC »
If your r5k doesn't have a yk88a, this filter will surely help in situations where a 6kc filter will come in handy. The existing filter is a monolithic type with inherently very poor characteristics for a xtal filter, a yk will be better in every respect save for cost. If I had a r5k and a loose yk88a, they would soon be working together.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline myteaquinn

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kenwood VC-20 and YK-88A-1
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 1430 UTC »
Thank you for the advice Josh but my keeper had three othe YK-88 filters installed. The S, SN and C and I donn't want to take the chance of screwing something up.

By the way the VC-20 and YK-88A-1 have been claimed.
Northeast Ohio
Now using Shazam for song identification
myteaquinn@yahoo.com