We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio Taiwan Intl. 11785 AM 0800 UTC 12 July 2020  (Read 553 times)

Offline Treehouse SWL

• DX Legend
  • Lake Stevens, Washington
    • View Profile
    • personal website
    • Email
Radio Taiwan Intl. 11785 AM 0800 UTC 12 July 2020
« on: July 13, 2020, 0119 UTC »
Just in time to hear the sign-on of Radio Taiwan in Japanese with a female announcer. Nice signal without any jamming (probably because China doesn't care about broadcasts in Japanese), though some fading kicked in after the first few moments. SINPO 45444.
Eric Fetters-Walp / eQSL to fettwalp@outlook.com

Radios: Eton Elite Field, Sihuadon R-108, Eton Grundig Edition Satellit
Antennas: 60-foot-long end-fed wire, MLA-30+ loop

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Re: Radio Taiwan Intl. 11785 AM 0800 UTC 12 July 2020
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 0158 UTC »
Up until a couple of years ago, RTI had an English broadcast at 1100 UTC that was pretty clear here in Colorado. It may have been only during the "a" cycle, can't remember for sure, but when I found it I tuned in a lot. At 1200 they changed to Mandarin but remained on the same transmitter, so same power and azimuth, but CNR1 would suddenly come on like gangbusters and drowned it completely out. That's when I realized what lengths China goes to jamming signals they don't want their citizens to receive. It was always several S units stronger. Unfortunately, Taiwan ended those English broadcasts and I don't know if any of the remaining ones are copyable in North America at all.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail