We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Free Streaming Baseball Radio Broadcasts  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Tuned in, turned on with no drop out in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
Free Streaming Baseball Radio Broadcasts
« on: July 29, 2020, 1553 UTC »
I have attempted to stream out of market baseball games since radio has been broadcast over the internet, especially afternoon games, West Coast games, or broadcasts by flagship stations that are not 50,000 watts.  I have had success in attempting to listen to every game I wanted to listen online since the baseball re-start.  With the high degree of success this year I am not sure this is an intentional lapse by the stations to provide a pandemic distraction or merely personnel out of rhythm for the normal start of baseball broadcast operations.

What I do, for example, is google "Milwaukee Brewers Radio Network" while the game I wish to listen is being played.  I then click on the MLB site that I comes up.  I will try stations listed until the game comes on.  I have had greatest success with the streams of small town AM stations that are not on the ESPN, CBS Sports, or Fox Sports network.  I figure with the smaller stations the word was not sent down the line by the Program Director or the part time 20 year old board op was too busy oogling the 47 year old receptionist to cut the stream.  Any way, I list my successful baseball streams below and will add as I hear other games that I wish to listen.  I have no way of knowing whether the stations listed will continue to stream or I caught the staff on a bad day.  Let me know of any of your streaming of baseball.

Chicago Cubs WARU FM 101.9 FM Peru, Indiana
Cincinnati Reds  WFTG 1400 AM London, Kentucky
Cleveland Indians WMRN 1490 AM Marion, Ohio
Milwaukee Brewers  WIGM 1490 AM Medford, Wisconsin

« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 1954 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Re: Free Streaming Baseball Radio Broadcasts
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 1913 UTC »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you usually able to stream games if you're outside their market? Or is it within? I haven't tried streaming sports in a long time but I thought that was possible, so long as there wasn't some other broadcast (usually on cable or satellite these days) to your market.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 2313 UTC »

MLB prohibits the streaming of radio broadcasters because they offer a paid service for all MLB broadcasts.
https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/subscribe

With other sports, it seems to vary by the discretion of the team on whether the radio broadcast gets streamed.
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 1437 UTC »
Thank you.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 1500 UTC »

My pleasure ;D!

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 1811 UTC »

A couple of others streaming at 1800 utc 4 Aug 2020 for Pittsburgh Pirates at Minnesota Twins

Pittsburgh Pirates broadcast: WVAM 1430 AM Altoona, PA. http://player.listenlive.co/63281
Minnesota Twins Broadcast: KROX 1260 AM Crookston, MN https://radio.securenetsystems.net/v5/index.cfm?stationCallSign=KROX