We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: UNID in Portuguese during Es 89.5 MHz 0615-0650 UTC 31 May 2020  (Read 1407 times)

Offline ulx2

• Kyiv, Ukraine
    • View Profile
    • My DX blog
Unidentified station in Portuguese has been received in Kyiv during continuous Es hop from France:
89.5 MHz - 0615-0650 UTC - 31 May 2020

Possible candidates:
1. TSF Rádio Notícias (broadcasts mostly news and reports, but can also play music on Sunday mornings. I have checked web stream of this station on one of next Sundays at the same time slot, and it is really playing music, but mostly contemporary pop).
2. Smooth FM (plays jazz and blues, does not match at all by music selection, I guess).
3. RTP Antena 1 (Açores) (has program Cantos da Casa (Fim de Semana) at this time with music very similar to that one on my mp3 recordings, but there is more elder presenter with different voice. RTP Antena 1 has audio archive of this show, but the program from 31st of May is not published yet). Distance is about 4580 km (!!!) from me. Pretty little chance to receive here, but not impossible!
Or another Portuguese-language station in Europe outside Portugal? I didn't find such ones.

clip 1
clip 2

Here is some phrase similar to ID at 00:06 (Radio...):

clip 3

I would be grateful for any help with translation of this phrase or any other help with identification of this station.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 0631 UTC by ulx2 »
LOC: Kyiv, Ukraine
RX1: Degen DE-1103 portable
RX2: Xhdata D-808 portable
RX3: Airspy Mini SDR + Spyverter
ANT1: 80 mb dipole
ANT2: Long wire (10 meters)
ANT3: Homemade M0AYF active loop
ACC: Homemade passive preselector & phasing device

https://udxb.blogspot.com/