We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: More sunspots? Loks like it.  (Read 952 times)

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
More sunspots? Loks like it.
« on: August 04, 2020, 1840 UTC »
A friend of mine alerted to spot from this site,   https://spaceweather.com/       I kind of dig-it. Almost, if not, layman's tern here.
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Re: More sunspots? Loks like it.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 1740 UTC »
It's a good one. I've been checking it out since before I really got into SWL'ing but for more technical things I like the spotless day count since it shows percentages for the current and previous years, along with the current stretch of spotless days (if applicable). It's a bit more user friendly than the actual SWPC site (though that one has great charts which I peruse, especially the x-ray ones). (For those wanting that link, it's https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/)
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail