General Category > Weather

Very cold mornings with frost here in MD

(1/2) > >>

ChrisSmolinski:
It got down to 33.1F on Saturday and Sunday with frost, and now 32.4F this morning. Our average first frost date is October 14th, so this has indeed been much earlier than usual.

Ct Yankee:

Thirty degrees with ice on the windshield here this morning at 1100 utc.  About a week early for our first frost and two weeks early for a freeze.  Scheduled to be colder here tonight. 

https://imgur.com/a/UadX9cX

EricPeterson:
Here in the valley it was 34 on Sunday AM and 37 with fog this morning.  But tonight is colder than last night at the same time so I think we'll be 34 again.  Hopefully escape the frost again.  I still have a lot of tomatoes.

ChrisSmolinski:
Not nearly as cold this morning, looks like 35.4 was the low, up to 36.0 now. York (THV) is down to 33.

ThaDood:
The 'ol box-drop, P.O. Box 452-land, has been getting frosty nights, since the weekend. It's safe to say that their growing season is done. Not unusual for up there, since I remember frosty late August nights in 1982. I still remember the then 97ROCK Bearman & Snortin' Norton Morning Sickness Show screaming, "If you have a convertible, sell it!" (Damn, I feel old typing that.) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version