We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Flightwatch Australia (Southern) 6565 khz USB 1357 UTC 22 Sept 2020  (Read 672 times)

Offline jasmine

• Seattle
  • Riding the (electromagnetic) waves...
    • View Profile
Flightwatch Southern working various flights. this is my first time logging this. previously i have logged Flightwatch NW Australia on 6541 around the same time. the 6565 frequency was hard to copy at times due to it also being an HFDL frequency.

as a rule if i can hear VMC or VIM on 6507 i check these Flightwatch frequencies:

6541 Flightwatch Northwest
6565 Flightwatch Southern
6610 Flightwatch Northeast

Unlike MWARA HF frequencies which typically are used for international flights often over ocean, Flightwatch frequencies i believe are used for internal domestic Australian flights.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 1453 UTC by jasmine »
SDRPlay RSP1a, Airspy HF+Discovery, Malahit Clone with v1.10D & MLA-30+ Magnetic Loop Antenna