We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Fast food drive through frequencies  (Read 2637 times)

Offline Edgar Souse

• View Profile
Fast food drive through frequencies
« on: September 26, 2020, 0020 UTC »
I remember many years ago they were in the 150 mhz region. A ham friend with a modified 2 meter radio enjoyed pranking both the drive through and the headsets of the employees indoors. Are they still around 150 mhz, or have they moved?

Asking for a friend...
RSP2 Pro, IC-7300, W6LVP Loop
Richardson, Texas, USA
Please QSL to bktx75@gmail.com

Offline radiogaga

• View Profile
Re: Fast food drive through frequencies
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 0042 UTC »
The golden arches locally is still on 154.600....
ymmv...
Have fun

rgg

Offline Kage

• US
  • Modulating Madness
    • View Profile
    • The Free Radio Forum
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 2024 UTC »
Get a Baofeng and you'll be on all their frequencies at the same time according to a ham, get a Baofeng and you can have access to all their frequencies according to a ham. Get a Baofeng and be lucky to be heard a few hundred feet away by a ham. Make some mashed potatoes and gravy and get yourself some ham.
I'm not saying aliens are in the radio, but aliens definitely are in the radio.
The Free Radio Forum

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 0418 UTC »
I'm going back about 33 years, but the Golden Haunches in the town that I grew up in was heard on 35.020MHz FM. I just happen to catch it while doing a FREQ scan with the scanner. It would be dead-air for minutes at a time, then you'd hear a BOING sound, (Like a Mac Computer being booted up.), then a, "Hi!!! Welcome to McDonalds. May I take you order Please?" And, you heard both sides of the conversation. That was with a GND-plane antenna about 30-some feet in a pine tree and this McDonalds was over 3 miles away. However, I was living up on a hill, almost line of sight of the place. I've always wondered about the power of those Drive-In radios, but where I was, even 100mW wouldn't be a total stretch.
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline radiogaga

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 1536 UTC »
Dont know how dated this is:
https://www.bearcat1.com/fastfood.htm
Enjoy

rgg

Offline Kage

• US
  • Modulating Madness
    • View Profile
    • The Free Radio Forum
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2020, 2123 UTC »
I wish the 30MHz segment was used more because my Anytone 5555n transceiver covers up 25.615 to 30.105 and I always wondered what would be up on those higher frequencies around my area.
I'm not saying aliens are in the radio, but aliens definitely are in the radio.
The Free Radio Forum

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns