We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 6P1 tube transmitter 5W tube shortwave transmitter on AliExpress for $32.87  (Read 1826 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Might be nice for the 160, 80 or 40 meter band.

"Some assembly required".  It has "Yak scattered power" - how can you go wrong?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000429415572.html

This kit comes in accordance with the following modifications ( remove air double circuit optimized , providing a suite of circuit prevail ) ,Suite of high -quality, high stability and high withstand voltage mica capacitors, Shortwave transmitter can be achieved :

Original:
L1 choice of 22mm wire on the MX-2000 toroid winding 100 turns. L2 determine the frequency of the radio emission . If the wave frequency is selected in the segment , L2 can be used on a 35mm wave magnet wire 30 +50 turn , the choice of 13mm or 25mm paper tube on the wire tightly wound 90 turns. Such emission frequency will fall between 550-1650kHz. If I choose when shortwave band , L2 is available in 0.5mm enameled wire between the 16mm tubes are around 9 turns. This constitutes the oscillator frequency falls between 6 ~ 18MHz. C5 air double its capacity 360pFx2. B1 is the original machine power transformer. High-pressure part of the rectifier switch 4 IN4007. B2 is the original output transformer. C2, C3, that the machine was split mica capacitor , wherein the C2, C3 pressure is preferably greater than 400V . R1, R2 can also purchase their own cement resistors. Yak scattered power due to the larger , its power -election ≥ IW. TX 1/4 antenna , used for some thick wire instead of ' emission wavelength length of about 1/ 4 . I selected is 3mm, 8m long wire . Without the use of the copper-clad circuit is mounted directly with a plastic board on which a diamond. Holes , scaffolding welding can be. As long as the good components , installed after the start-up circuit that will be able to see the flow of electrons within the G light blue when the start-up , accompanied by "hissing " sound. If the conditions do a simple field strength meter , so that by adjusting R2 launch strong maximized. Vertical antenna may be installed through the insulator wall. After connecting the antenna input at B2 at around 5W audio signal from a radio transmitter to pull away , the radio should be able to receive a clear signal distortion should not be obvious. If the launch is too hum , ground can be solved . After measurement , the transmitted power has 4.5W.

Customer feedback and work : the firstDoing the wave tube transmitters, produced, medium wave band in the band , I feel quite good fun , should be noted that the negative must be grounded, can greatly reduce the noise and harmonics.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 2207 UTC by ChrisSmolinski »
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Neat!!!! Kind of a modification of the Bob Heil's AM Pine Board Project that he was pushing a couple of years ago. So, 5W on the low bands can be had in the Winter on AM. I've done several QSO's with 5W / 6W 75M AM stations. So, can indeed be done.     https://heilhamradio.com/amateur-radio-post/the-pine-board-project/
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline JimIO

• QTH I.O. MA
    • View Profile
"Some assembly required"

Does it come with instructions?
Is there a schematic or BOM somewhere?

~

Offline syfr

• View Profile
I may have to scatter some Yak on this one.

A schematic might be helpful if anyone finds one.

Note: This version does NOT include the air variable. Others do.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 1224 UTC by syfr »
Kiwsdr x 2. TenTec Paragon/NRD535

Offline syfr

• View Profile

Logistics: AliExpress Standard Shipping

There's no schedule at so I don't know how I interlocking miet put!!!!! 01 Oct 2020 07:46
Helpful? Yes (0) No (0)

Additional Feedback

There's no schema, jammer

Seller’s Reply
    after the buyer receive the item ,The scematic will email send . the seller did reply you and send to you , such unbeliveble !!!

Offline syfr

• View Profile
Gall Bladder
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 1227 UTC »
"Gallbladder radio frequency modulation kits, FM two lamp, super regeneration electron tube, 6J1+6J1 drive horn"

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
They have some regen receiver kits as well, 2 and 3 tube: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000276132748.html

AliExpress -> text to speech -> shortwave transmitter (with yak scattered power) could be amusing.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline QRP

• View Profile
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 1552 UTC by QRP »