We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: RadioRanch 5.890AM  (Read 4069 times)

Offline cpuerror

• Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
RadioRanch 5.890AM
« on: December 17, 2008, 0544 UTC »
Hearing the RadioRanch boys at 5:40z. Not just the usual religious stuff either, some very strong anti-gay, very xenophobic, messages being transmitted. Plus they are complaining about those pesky anti-hate groups getting their CDs banned. Real nice bunch!

Offline cpuerror

• Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
Re: RadioRanch 5.890AM
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 0607 UTC »
Ident as World Wide Broadcast Network

cmradio

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 0924 UTC »
In our country, that speaker could have gone to jail for a very... long... time >:(

Peace!

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 0756 UTC »
Sounds like WWCR.  Pastor Pete Peters pretty much has 5890 kHz to himself during that time slot.  I've never heard anything ID'd as "Radio Ranch", altho' Peters is a rancher.  He's an odd duck.

Free speech is in the U.S. is more complex than a double edged sword.  It's also dangerous to grasp the handle too tightly, so many a word-warrior who tries to wield it as a weapon ends up hoisted by his own petard.  I don't agree with Peters but wouldn't want to see him or his kind censored.  If we allow that, the next program to be on the chopping block might be one with which I do happen to agree.
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 0734 UTC »
I can clearly remember the first time I heard ol' Pete. I was tuning around the top of 41 meters and hear this strong bumper music. The next thing I hear is Pete yelling "Up the flue,Jew!"

I hear him a couple of months later going on about how Al Gore was a member of Satanic Vampire cult.

I'd figured he'd been locked up long ago for whatever form of insanity he's touched with or committed suicide by cop.