We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: NDI - US Navy NRTF, Okinawa Japan 54 khz - 1554 UTC 22 Nov 2020  (Read 728 times)

Offline jasmine

• Seattle
  • Riding the (electromagnetic) waves...
    • View Profile
So I was doing some experimenting with my loop antenna seeing how sensitive it was at the very very low frequency end of my SDR and first tuned in WWVB on 60 khz and noticed this signal not far away, it sounded a lot like the Jim Creek US Navy submarine transmitter in nearby Arlington, WA which is very strong here on 24.8 khz but this signal was weaker. So I did a quick google and found it is indeed a US Navy submarine transmitter site but located on the Awase Peninsula in Okinawa City, Japan. I never heard it before when i've done these tests and it only showed up when i rotated my loop by about 170 degrees.
SDRPlay RSP1a, Airspy HF+Discovery, Malahit Clone with v1.10D & MLA-30+ Magnetic Loop Antenna

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns