We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Simon Mason's old website re-uploaded  (Read 803 times)

Offline M7OXO

• View Profile
    • Email
Simon Mason's old website re-uploaded
« on: December 13, 2020, 1537 UTC »
Hi all,

At the start of the pandemic, I wanted to start a project. Having seen that Simon Mason's old website was no longer live, I thought it best to reach out to him and offer to host it.

For the past several months, I've been through the process of editing, converting and re-uploading his content.

The website is now live at : www.ShortwaveNumbers.com

The current situation looks like this:

- All articles are live
- All 'E' Stations have recordings uploaded to YouTube and are embedded in the web pages
- 99% of 'G' Stations have recordings uploaded to YouTube and are embedded into the web pages

A list of stuff to do:

- Reaching out websites which have Simon's old website address and asking them to amend the link
- Make a start on the 'S' and 'V' station recordings
- Several 'V' stations have little-or-none article because most SWL'ers are in the Western Hemisphere, we have minimum recordings/intel of oriental stations.
- Do a once over, ensure all the formatting is correct, all references are up-to-date and other editorial stuff
- Promote the website a little bit more

I would like to invite you all to visit, add it to your favourites/bookmarks and get your feedback on as much as possible.

Many thanks,

Jo (M7OXO)

Online autovon

• View Profile
Re: Simon Mason's old website re-uploaded
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 1601 UTC »
Great work!   Thank you for preserving history.   8)
Default RX location is Wisconsin using various wire antennas. Other RX will be noted.

Offline M7OXO

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 1614 UTC »
Great work!   Thank you for preserving history.   8)

Thanks - It's exactly what I wanted to do. This is for history purposes, not personal gain.

Offline the_memesketeer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 2109 UTC »
A friend of mine says that my location right smack in the middle of the USA limits how many states I can get on my little radio, the wire helps a little, but I was disappointed last night. If you were stuck on the Kansas/Missouri border, what setup would you favor?