We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WBNY 6925 AM 2305 UTC  (Read 1440 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
WBNY 6925 AM 2305 UTC
« on: June 26, 2012, 2306 UTC »
Tough copy "This is WBNY.... crybaby.... gone completely to my head" ?
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: WBNY 6925 AM 2305 UTC
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 0049 UTC »
I haven't been able to get clear enough copy of this program, which I've heard three times since the weekend, to be certain whether it's an actual WBNY show or a spoof.  Logging what little I could copy in case anyone else heard it more clearly or got a good recording.

6/26/12, 6925 AM, 2340z: Just barely audible via east coast web tuner with good outdoor antenna, usually able to get excellent copy of most free radio broadcasts via this tuner.  Sounds like reprise of recent broadcast with something about "pirate whore of 2011... crybaby... Commander Bunny... spends hours in the closet..."?  Very choppy, only able to copy a few words and phrases here and there.  Doors "Roadhouse" followed by WBNY ID and something about QSLs and PO box, but most of address buried under QRN.  Not a peep via the home tuner.  Can't tell if this is a genuine Commander Bunny show or spoof.  Lots of echo/reverb making it even more difficult to copy clearly.  That's what has me wondering whether this is a parody, since in the past Commander Bunny usually advised programmers using his relay service to avoid using echo/reverb as it hinders intelligibility.

Either way, would appreciate QSL for this unusual broadcast and confirmation of whether it's genuine WBNY or parody station.

SINPO=23232, just barely audible through heavy static crashes and fades. Lots of ute/data QRM and pesque jibber jabber in Spanish or Portuguese.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 0110 UTC by Lex »
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline jFarley

• Marconi Class DXer
  • near Chicago
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 0101 UTC »
27 June 2012  on 6925.2AM

0053 Turned on the radio to hear several "Radio Bunny" ments, followed by open carrier
0055 Song with a very pronounced bass drum beat; start of a new px?

S7 on an S6 floor.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 0103 UTC by jFarley »
Joe Farley, Near Chicago
SDR-IQ / R8 / R7
Remote Resonant Loops for HF and LF / ALA 1530
Active 60" Whip / PA0RDT
QSLS appreciated to:    jfarley44@att.net

Offline hammarhead

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 0105 UTC »
S7 signal with fading & noise tonight Bass drum type music at 01:00 UTC.

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 0144 UTC »
Not sure if I'm hearing the same station or not, but I'm getting an audible carrier on the sidebands and occasional hip hop type music breaking through the static on AM.  No idea whether or not this's someone else, or Bunny-something.  Nothing intelligible to be heard, aside from drumbeats now and again. 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.