We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: IBOC list  (Read 1046 times)

Offline NJQA

• Virginia
    • View Profile
IBOC list
« on: December 14, 2020, 1512 UTC »
Useful listing of operating IBOC stations.

http://topazdesigns.com/iboc/station-list.html

Offline BoomboxDX

• View Profile
Re: IBOC list
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 1250 UTC »
Interesting list... it's a bit outdated, though. Shows just how many stations dumped IBOC, though. Because I doubt even a quarter of the ones listed as active on that list are truly IBOC active.
An AM radio Boombox DXer.
+ GE SRIII, PR-D5 & TRF on MW.
The usual Realistic culprits on SW (and a Panasonic).

Offline NJQA

• Virginia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 1303 UTC »
I looked around the band last night to see which IBOC stations I could identify.  There were fewer than I expected.  I think I found maybe 3 or 4.  WGY was the strongest and most consistent, followed by WOWO.  I think I also saw WINS in there.  No evidence of WWFD.  I should have gone out to the truck to see if WGY was strong enough to decode.

I can understand the argument for IBOC for local daytime reception.  Nighttime usage baffles me. 

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 1615 UTC »
That list is definitely old.  "Last update: 20 Jul 2019"

WDGY used to run it, then switched to C-QUAM for a while, and recently switched the IBOC jammer back on.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 1621 UTC by skeezix »
Minneapolis, MN

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2020, 2241 UTC »
Agreed, the data is old.  AFAIK, all the Entercom stations turned theirs off.  Due to the somewhat fluid ownership state, stations seem to drop on and off periodically.  It really doesn't bother me if they run IBOC during the day, but nighttime operation should be revoked, unless you are running MA3 mode (digital only).

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me