We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 6.925 usb  (Read 1226 times)

Offline MR. SHORTWAVE

• View Profile
6.925 usb
« on: July 05, 2012, 0301 UTC »
just tuned in to rock music at 0300 UTC. Signal just above noise level here in the west coast
signal now much improved at 0319 UTC. Nice music. Have not caught any ID yet.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 0320 UTC by MR. SHORTWAVE »
Hector
QTH: Los Angeles, CA
Rig: Eton E1
Aerial: Alpha Delta DX Ultra

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
Re: 6.925 usb
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 0324 UTC »
I'm getting the same thing.  Tuned in to 'American Woman' at around 0314 or 0315.  Several other songs have followed, including... is that Paul Simon?  I haven't recognized any of the others, but it sounds vaguely American-themed to me.  Good signal into southern Wisconsin, if plagued by static crashes.  No ID as yet.  

Edited to add: Station seemed to sign off shortly after that last Paul Simon or similar song.  Never did get an ID.  

Edited two: Looks like, from another thread on the subject, that we all heard Wolverine Radio.  Huh, coolness.  :) 
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 0928 UTC by Chanter »
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.