We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: ARRL VHF Contest on, now!  (Read 1471 times)

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
ARRL VHF Contest on, now!
« on: January 16, 2021, 1954 UTC »
This snuck up on me,  https://contests.arrl.org/janvhf/    I might try Sunday to work that. The contest that I'm waiting for is the AM Rally,   http://www.amrally.com/    I'm a lil' better prepared for that one, finally.
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline pinto vortando

• View Profile
Re: ARRL VHF Contest on, now!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 2158 UTC »
Thanks for the reminder. 
Unfortunately 6 meters is dead here. 
Das Radiobunker somewhere in Michigan

Offline zackers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 2058 UTC »
I was active as a Single-Op QRP Portable from EN50 in east central Illinois. (I must be a masochist!)  :)  I haven't been in this contest since 2017. I made three QSO's each on 144, 222 and 432, and one QSO each on 1296, 2304, 3456 and 10368 MHz. Temperature hovered around 28 degrees all day at the hill where I was, and it was snowing heavily during my last hour of operating and during tear-down of antennas. I'm just happy I got in on it again. And made it home. I thought I was going to turn into an icicle for a while.
East Central Illinois
TS-850S, 40 meter full-wave loop, various dipoles

Matt285

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 1638 UTC »
Zackers, What was your best distance?

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Re: ARRL VHF Contest on, now! No, not now, but coming June.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 1836 UTC »
I'm still trying to find time to put something back up for 2M SSB. I have 1296MHz, but pretty much useless where I live today, bottom of a valley and foliage all around. Makes for 222MHz and 449MHz FM difficult. 432MHz??? I have a beam for that. Maybe for satellite.
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns