We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Lincolnshire Poacher Pirate: 6925U, 7/16, *0132-0143*  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Andrew Yoder

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Hobby Broadcasting Blog
    • Email
Lincolnshire Poacher Pirate: 6925U, 7/16, *0132-0143*
« on: July 16, 2012, 0259 UTC »
Fair/good sig, but a lot of t-storm crashes. On with about 3 min or so of the "Lincolnshire" numbers station IS, then a real male announcer trying to sound like a computer voice. Announcement seemed to be primarily to correct logs about the station that was reported as this one at 0630 UTC on 6930 kHz AM last night--that was not this station. Instead, the announcer mentioned that 4 logs of this were of his station. Not sure if I caught all of the dates correctly, but I think they were 7/7, 7/9, 7/12, & 7/14. He also mentioned those who logged him: "Far-ley, Sea-Lord, Yo-der, Smo-lin-ski," etc. Then, a few minutes of the "Lincolnshire" numbers station IS. I heard part of a rock song after this, but I'm not sure if it was the same station & it faded out.

Thanks for the show & please QSL, if you do that sort of thing.
Andrew Yoder
POB 109
BRS, PA 17214
Please QSL to: POB 109, BRS, PA 17214
Hobby Broadcasting Blog: http://hobbybroadcasting.blogspot.com/
Drake R8, AOR AR-7030, R-390A, R-388, SX-28A, Philco 44 + some others    Horizontal loops & 1/2-wave inverted V

Offline jFarley

• Marconi Class DXer
  • near Chicago
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Lincolnshire Poacher Pirate: 6925U, 7/16, *0132-0143*
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 2103 UTC »
16 July 2012

Also heard here, but I did not have time to report it last night,

0123 LP IS start
0126 LP IS stop

What followed was a block of talk by OM op.  I could hear the voice all right, but I could not make out anything that was being said.  Thanks, Andrew, for the details here.

0130 LP IS start
0133 LP IS stop

What followed was a block of 3, possibly 4, songs.  The first may have been the Stones, and the second may have been Garcia.  If true, this may have been a repeat of the music block aired on 14 July 2012.  At any rate, it was very difficult to hear, and my band IDs may not be accurate.

0153 Another station came on, and it looked like an AM.  This pretty much covered up the LPP audio, and I could not hear the music any more.  I was not able to subsequently ID the AM.

0200 The LP IS was once again heard under the AM.  I have noted in prior receptions that I hear the LP IS at about 6 to 10 dB higher level than the body of the show.  This was apparently also true tonight, and the IS was able to cut through the AM audio.
0203 The LP IS stopped.

I had a reasonably quiet S4 noise floor here, and LPP, for whatever reason, was just at the noise floor tonight.  I have heard him before with signals generally closer to S8 or S9, so I am disappointed in the bad props tonight. 

Catch you next time, and thanks!
Oh; and thanks also for the shoutout!
Joe Farley, Near Chicago
SDR-IQ / R8 / R7
Remote Resonant Loops for HF and LF / ALA 1530
Active 60" Whip / PA0RDT
QSLS appreciated to:    jfarley44@att.net