We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Mix of CKZW (Montreal) and CINA (Mississauga) 1650 khz 150 UTC 29 Jan 2021  (Read 726 times)

Offline Molvania Poacher

• DXing Phenomena
  • New Hampshire
    • View Profile
Hearing two low power Canadian stations dueling on 1650 tonight. Sometimes its Jewish programming in French from CKZW (1 kw nighttime) and other times, even more clearly, it's South Asian (Hindi perhaps) programming, music and ads from CINA (0.68 kw nighttime).  Interesting finds on this top end of the MW band these days.
All reception from this location, radio and antenna.
QTH New Hampshire (70 miles north of Boston).
Tecsun S-8800 and Kenwood R-2000, with about 135 feet of wire thrown up in the trees.
eQSLs most appreciated to molvaniapoacher@gmail.com.

Offline ~SIGINT~

• DXing Phenomena
  • N.E. Canada (FN08)
  • .ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı..ılılı.
    • View Profile
    • Milspec Communication Canada
Similar effect here in Toronto if I listen using the Barker & Williamson antenna. If I switch to the loop or end-fed antenna then all I receive is CINA. CINA is located +/- 8 miles from my location. It's all about the antenna / ground waves.  https://radio-locator.com/info/CINA-AM

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns