We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: ARRL DX Phone Contest this weekend 3/6 - 3/7/2021.  (Read 1405 times)

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
ARRL DX Phone Contest this weekend 3/6 - 3/7/2021.
« on: March 04, 2021, 1951 UTC »
Well, this is one way to find out on whether the upper HF bands are jammin', or not,    http://www.arrl.org/arrl-dx?fbclid=IwAR0xHumMWuNdREFrf2Fa7OIxhO7CslPC0ET4774YtAiUtOnBZ1aLBz2Av7g
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline pinto vortando

• View Profile
Re: ARRL DX Phone Contest this weekend 3/6 - 3/7/2021.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 1707 UTC »
15 was open down through the Caribbean Saturday afternoon.
Worked VK and ZL early this morning on 40.
Das Radiobunker somewhere in Michigan

Offline pinto vortando

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 2236 UTC »
15 was open again Sunday afternoon down into South America,
10 was quiet... nothing heard.
Das Radiobunker somewhere in Michigan

Offline Rizla

• Sonoran Desert, AZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 0026 UTC »
As pinto said, 15 was pretty good both days, some kind of pipeline to South America was happening here. I wonder what it was like on the East Coast.
QTH: Sonoran Desert, AZ. Kenwood TS-820S, FT-891, Tecsun 880, neophyte in a forest of antenna wire.