We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Voice of Dawn Tigray (Dimtse Wegahta) 15340 am 1702 utc 11 Mar 2021  (Read 986 times)

Online Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • 2 of our 4 food groups in Durham CT - Play ball!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Excellent reception, Tigrinya service.  ID via short-wave.info.

1702 IS to OM talking at length, occasional English pronouns can be discerned and the word "radio".
1711 Original OM continues....just heard "America".  OM seems to be ending many sentences in same foreign word, as if saying "Amen" after a few sentences.
1712 "Coazione A Ripetere" Ivan Silvestrini per Shazam
1715 OM talking with YL who sounds like she is on phone
1731 Chanting song (No ID from Shazam) with OM leader starting and chorus repeating, clapping providing tempo.
1733 Two OM's talking
1746 Single OM in preaching tone
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 1936 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
1726 UTC - SIO 333 in WNY, signal fading a bit but decent audio at peaks. OM talking but not hearing any English words.
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com