We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Experimental Gate modulated Corsair 48 Metre transmitter  (Read 3413 times)

Offline ImageradioUK

• View Profile
For sale is a one of the many prototypes experimental gate modulated Corsair AM transmitter I built.

It’s the design from Dave Martin's website.

Homebrew construction built on copper clad board housed in a diecast box with SO-239 connector for antenna, phono connector for the audio with volume pot. All connections mounted on the outside. DC input is bare wire (no connectors as I've run out) has diode and fuse protection just incase of reserve dc connections.

It’s crystal controlled and fitted with 6436KHz (HC49) and runs off 12VDC and produces 10w carrier.

Tested on the bench again (since it was last built) into a dummy load and working.

As mentioned this was a prototypes, Not saying anything is wrong with it just could do with finishing off ie Crystal holder, DC connections and maybe a fan on the outside . As the box was used for something else before it only has two screws for the lid.

Ideal for someone wanting to start out so open to sensible offers.

Please PM me for more details
Now QRT - No longer on air!

Offline ImageradioUK

• View Profile
Re: Experimental Gate modulated Corsair 48 Metre transmitter
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 0710 UTC »
Sold!

Offline oscarjm

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 0505 UTC »
 :)
I am experiencing something in hf, what do you verify, that the classic corsair 2007 update 2015 or the experimental modulated gate works better.
Thanks for your time.

Offline ImageradioUK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2023, 2004 UTC »
:)
I am experiencing something in hf, what do you verify, that the classic corsair 2007 update 2015 or the experimental modulated gate works better.
Thanks for your time.

I have tried the following:

Corsair 2007 - Probably the best version but you need to fine the right circuit diagram

Corsair 2015 - Never tried!and seen a few bad reviews

Corsair Experimental mod gate - First circuit I built works ok but if you going to trouble of building one just built the 2007 version.

All parts are still out there. Yes some might say there are better designs but Dave circuits for newbies IMHO is the way to go. 

Offline Stretchyman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2023, 0627 UTC »
Much better designs around now as shown by myself and the other chap on here.

Catch up fellas!

Str
'It's better to give than receive' so why Rx when you can Tx!

;)

Offline Charlie_Dont_Surf

• Charlie's Point, California
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2023, 0532 UTC »
Much better designs around now as shown by myself and the other chap on here.

Catch up fellas!

Str

What is interesting to me is that you will complain about this stuff because it's "out of date", but when someone posts something about one of the many Greek suppliers of RF wares, you're totally cool with it, you know, because you sense a business opportunity selling drivers for the Greek supplier's PAs.

https://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php/topic,119275.msg371225.html#msg371225

So gate modulated AM is "out of date" but then using one of your Class-E transmitters boosted by a Class AB PA from Greece (with the ensuing ~40% PA efficiency, if you are lucky) is not "out of date" ?

Give us a break, man. You're full of self-contradictions. Today this is OK, next week, it's not. I hope that you don't work for the Met Office, because if so the British public might never be sure from which direction the wind is blowing.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 0048 UTC by Charlie_Dont_Surf »
I don't STRETCH the truth.

"Every minute I spend in this room, my signal gets weaker.
Every minute Charlie squats in the bush, his signal gets stronger."