We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WQFG689  (Read 1048 times)

Offline pinto vortando

• View Profile
WQFG689
« on: March 13, 2021, 1949 UTC »
Hudson CO. NJ TIS on 1710 loud and clear signal here this morning just before dawn
with no QSB (probably still on the "temporary" authority) but the audio was almost
unintelligible on certain announcements in spite of the good signal. 
Das Radiobunker somewhere in Michigan

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
Re: WQFG689, with CW beacon under it!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 1950 UTC »
Work wasn't ready for me Friday night, so I DX'ed MW on the truck stereo. Listening to that Hudson Valley TIS on 1710kHz, at 03:20UTC, I heard CW under the main TIS signal, but not for long. So, I didn't ID that. The TIS provided the carrier, and that CW beacon must have been a couple of kHz off FREQ. So, did I hear one of those Part #15 CW MW beacons? Possible, but it was very short. Anyone else hearing that?
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline pinto vortando

• View Profile
Re: WQFG689
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 2124 UTC »
Gave it a listen this morning for a bit, did not hear any CW.
However, heard what sounded like another signal mixing and beating with the TIS.
Das Radiobunker somewhere in Michigan

Offline NQC

• Boston,MA
    • View Profile
Re: WQFG689
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 1222 UTC »
Hey All,

My first post on this web site.

WQGF689 copied on  3/27/21 0145 Z weak to fair in QSB.

Panasonic rcvr on Select -A- Tenna in noisy apt. QTH Boston.

de NQC
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 1936 UTC by NQC »
Station main receiver : Bed springs to  blue razor blade detector to 2000 ohm cans to steam  radiator. Grid FN 42