We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Looking for a Volunteer Or Two  (Read 1282 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Looking for a Volunteer Or Two
« on: April 04, 2021, 1446 UTC »
Looking for one or two people to volunteer to check logging threads in the Shortwave Pirate board (and maybe one or two others) and edit thread titles to conform to the very simple recommended log format: https://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php/topic,8448.0.html

This will help tremendously when I generate the annual summaries of pirate radio activity. Between all the other tasks I have keeping the HFU running, I unfortunately don't have the available time to do this.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Looking for a Volunteer Or Two
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 1951 UTC »
I've completed the task for Jan, Feb, and Mar 2021. I only corrected the Headers for the initial posting. It took about 4-5 hours for the 3 months and I did not in any way change anything in the body of the posting, but one of the side effects of changing the header to comply with the format requested by Chris S, is that a whole bunch of "Last Edit:...: Skipmuck"' will be found in the body of the initial posting. If one finds this intrusive, and wants to remove it, it can be done by opening up your posting, typing in a period or other symbol and clicking the save button. Then your own name will be there! I hope to perform this task periodically in batches of a week or so as time permits. I did correct quite a few errors regarding dates and year.....including more from my own postings than I care to admit to  :-[

If anybody notices something I missed, please send me an HFU message and I will endeavor to correct it!
Also....if any of the ops want to take credit for a particular "UNID" posting (there are very many of these!), please contact me and I would be happy to review the thread and correct as necessary!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 2002 UTC by Skipmuck »
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 0353 UTC »
Thanks for your efforts Skip!  Also, thanks to Chris for giving us this playground in the first place :)

+-RH
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 0355 UTC by redhat »
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 1221 UTC »
Yes, thank you very much Skipmuck, your help is greatly appreciated!
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 2334 UTC »
I can help if you're still looking for it.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Tuned in, turned on with no drop out in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 1418 UTC »

My offer stands if you can wait until Autumn.
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns