We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 6925 Mixing product  (Read 1383 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
6925 Mixing product
« on: August 29, 2012, 1230 UTC »
My 6925 mystery was back again last night, peaking around 0730z this morning. I could hear audio of two stations at times, lending confirmation that this is some sort of mixing product. I'm curious if anyone else is hearing it - is it a mixing product in my SDR, or is it being generated at the transmitter site? One of the stations sounded like it was religious. It's usually just at the noise level most of the time, but will occasionally peak and become pretty strong, up to S7 at times. It's invariably heard right around this time, somewhere in the 0600-1000 window usually. And of course it never peaks around the TOH when there might be an ID.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline jFarley

• Marconi Class DXer
  • near Chicago
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 6925 Mixing product
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 2215 UTC »
Nothing like what you suggest heard in an overnight recording.

I did note a brief very weak transmission from 0800 - 0802z.  It started with an OM saying " 0 6 9 25 ... radio", followed by about 10 secs of whistling.  Following was about 2 minutes of CW which I could not decode due to the weak signal and fading.

I'm not sure if this was a pirate or not, so this is probably a good place to report it.

Joe Farley, Near Chicago
SDR-IQ / R8 / R7
Remote Resonant Loops for HF and LF / ALA 1530
Active 60" Whip / PA0RDT
QSLS appreciated to:    jfarley44@att.net

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: 6925 Mixing product
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 2257 UTC »
I could not hear the OM, but I do hear CW during the time you mentioned, on the SDR recording.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree